Owl Labs is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hyper growth start-up at an early stage. Our organization and revenues are growing exponentially, and we are well positioned as the world embraces hybrid work and hybrid learning environments.
As the Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will develop, implement and sustain a testing strategy that will be used in the manufacturing of our products. This is a dynamic role that will allow you to be a key contributor in New Product Development and Manufacturing Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Develop test strategies, capital cost estimates and specifications for prototypes and final production.
- Collaborate closely with the New Product Development teams to help influence designs early in the development cycle in order to ensure good testability in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Perform in depth Design for Test (DFT) analysis for new products in development and report results in appropriate test coverage reports.
- Perform early exploration and advanced development of test methods that align with the company’s technological roadmap.
- Design flexible test systems and fixtures for prototype and engineering validation.
- Supports test related sustaining work for production and refurbishment processes.
- Develop and maintain Design for Test guidelines and related SOPs
- Define and direct outsourced test development projects
- Works closely with overseas manufacturing partners to implement test processes and equipment as part of the New Product Introduction process
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of analog and digital circuit analysis and design.
- Analog and digital measurement/data acquisition fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Ability to analyze statistical data to refine testing criteria and continually improve product quality.
- Proficiency in two or more of the following:
- Knowledge and programming experience with communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS-232, etc.
- Knowledge and programming experience with digital audio protocols such as I2S, TDM, PCM, PDM, etc.
- Experience using lab equipment: Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, power supply, waveform generator, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter and audio analyzers.
- Programming capability and familiarity in at least one high level language such as Labview, Java, C/C++, VB-net, Python or similar.
- Experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, flash memory, RAM, DSP, ADC, DAC integrated circuits.
- Knowledge of PCB assembly level testing methodologies (e.g. ICT, Flying Probe, Boundary scan, etc.).
- Experience with RF testing methodologies and equipment (e.g. Litepoint systems, etc.).
- Experience with system level acoustic test design.
- Experience with optical test design is a plus.
- Ability to travel globally to support manufacturing sites, if needed.
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Leadership and the development of people on their past teams.
- Problem solving.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is a hybrid company, we are over 40% remote, and our headquarters is based in Boston, MA. This role is a Boston-based hybrid position, where the successful candidate will work remote and on-site as needed.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Who We Are
Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 Best Inventions of 2020 and has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020. Our team was recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and 2021 and named on the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.