POSITION TITLE: Principal Systems Engineer
BUSINESS UNIT: Engineering
- Architect, design, and implement distributed systems inclusive of embedded/IoT devices, middleware, mobile applications, hosted platforms, and interfaces to enterprise healthcare systems (MDI, EMR/HIS, etc.)
- Identify and Implement Risk Control Measures and Mitigations as the lead technical contributor for Risk Management activities
- Thoroughly document system architecture and design to support creation of medical device Design History Files
- Analyze and solve for fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Understand tradeoffs between consistency, durability, and costs to build solutions that can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Lead technical platform strategy and efforts for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that have an impact on an entire engineering function and solve large open-ended problems.
- Set the vision for strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs across the engineering organization.
- Proactively identify and remedy communication gaps and issues to reach alignments for complex issues across diverse audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have significant experience (10+ years) in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Must have experience (5+ years) in medical device and agile development
- Familiar with HIPAA policies and HIPAA-compliant systems
- Experience with Enterprise healthcare systems (EMR/HIS systems, interface engines, MDI, etc.)
- Deep exposure to Medical Device risk management process (ISO 14971), considers risks and mitigations in all design decisions
- Built and worked on complex distributed systems
- A deep understanding of design patterns
- You are an excellent communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to senior leadership and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Natural inclination to demand rigor in everything you build, even while building fast and adapting plans as we grow.
- Inherent curiosity and ability to learn new technologies, plus the ability to figure out the best tools for a given problem.
- Focus on using data and objective, empirical methods to understand where we are and how to improve.
- Experience working on small, fast-moving, high capability teams.
- Experience designing and leading important systems software projects, using modern languages and technologies.
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.