Role: Data Analyst (Metering)
Closing date: Friday the 3rd of July
Click here for an update from the Talent Acquisition team on how we are hiring during Covid19
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity's greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Orion Energy Platform, part of Kaluza, enables energy suppliers to better serve their customers while supporting solutions for the world’s evolving energy needs.
Our flexible software platform takes care of energy consumption end to end so retailers can focus on their differentiators. We reduce cost to serve by providing automated exception handling and integrated tooling, offer real-time data, improving transparency and accuracy and supporting the next generation of energy propositions, and give a digital customer experience that’s clear and intuitive to drive down contact and improve satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
As a Product Data Analyst at Kaluza you’ll play a key role in achieving our vision of creating clean, affordable energy for everyone.
Data is the foundation of everything we do at Kaluza, and to deliver our vision we need curious, tenacious people who can turn this data, and their knowledge, into strategy and actions.
You will be working with the Orion platform product teams to ensure they have a deep understanding of the outcomes they are trying to achieve through an iterative learning process of incremental value deliveries. You will be embedded in the metering product team, helping them achieve their objectives with analytics and insight.
We are looking for analysts who are either comfortable working within product teams to help them deeply understand the value of their product or on a wider basis to ensure we are making the right decisions in relation to the data we use across the platform to achieve our goals.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and implement user-friendly reports which support performance analysis & decision making
- Commercial modelling, creating cost/benefit analysis of proposed actions and outcomes based on a consistent value model
- Implementation of tooling for product analytics
- Design and deliver robust automated processes which ingest third party data for commercial or operational use
- Use your data skills to make data available to stakeholders who need it, and use these tasks as an opportunity to proactively identify use cases for self serve data access
- Devise processes and systems which allow for better self serve data access for stakeholders, leading to higher data management maturity and more opportunities for automation and innovation
- Promote ethical best practise in the way all data is used and processed, always ensuring compliance and security is placed first.
Is this the job for me?
This is a fantastic opportunity and will add real value to the business.
Essential skills and experience...
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an analyst role / working with data
- You will have experience in core analysis technologies, with excellent SQL & Excel/Sheets skills
- Can confidently build and present meaningful data visualisations, in Excel/Sheets and ideally a dashboarding platform such as Tableau.
- Can interpret graphical representations of data and make recommendations.
- Statistical knowledge including sampling, significance, hypothesis testing and basic probability theory
- Highly numerate & analytical, able to delve into the detail but understand the strategic view
- Experience of working with product analytic tooling, such as MixPanel, Google Analytics, etc
- Able to document and version control your work so others can pick it up and build on it
- Proven ability to engage productively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment where prioritisation is required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
Ideally you will have…
- Education to degree level in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience in cloud data services, Google Cloud Platform (especially BigQuery), AWS, etc
- Experience programming for analytics such as in Python or R
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams of product, UX and engineering capability
- An understanding of basic programming principles such as names, types, lists, arrays, control flow, exceptions
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.