OVO is on the look for an experienced and motivated leader to start their legacy with us as Engineering Manager.
Who We Are
OVO is Indonesia’s fastest growing and leading payments and financial services platform in Indonesia. Within 2 years, OVO has been recognised as Indonesia’s 5th unicorn and continues to win customer mindshare and heartshare through its innovations within Payments and as it accelerates its Financial Services offerings including digital lending, insurance and investments.
Anchoring on its vision and mission to be the largest Fintech platform in Indonesia through providing Indonesians with equal financial access, to date, OVO has extended its reach to be available across 115mn devices across >30 cities nationwide and is accepted across >500 retailers.
- Execute the technical vision and strategy set by management through his team
- Directs and oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications/operating systems within his specified function
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for their engineering teams in delivering high performing products
- Liaise with Product to understand functional and non-functional requirements and align with the business strategy
- Liaise with Architecture team to align with the technology strategy & liaise with QA for product releases.
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardization, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- Drives the development life-cycle and coordinate release and sprint planning.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and resolving problems in early project stages.
What You Need
- University degree in the field of computer science. An advanced degree in this fields is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development in fintech industry or leading internet scale companies.
- Minimum 2 years of technical engineering management experience.
- Extensive software engineering development and design experience with complex, highly scalable and secure products using multiple technologies and languages. Hands on experience in Java or node.js preferred.
- Decisive and effective at incident response, issue tracking and resolution
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, testability and fault tolerance.
- Experience in defining team strategy, providing technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.