Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
Director of Fighter Operations
Overtime is hiring a Director of Fighter Operations to join our team full-time. This role is integral to Overtime’s continued success and growth in boxing by being an effective communicator & liaison between Overtime & the next generation of boxing talent!
Overtime Boxing (OTX) is the platform for the next generation of boxers. OTX spotlights up and coming prospects, contenders, and champions through an innovative event series, live content, and 365 digital-first content across social channels. OTX will deliver boxing fans with the best stories inside and outside of the ring.
What you’ll do:
- Support the broader OTX strategy including:
- Identifying fighters to be featured in OTX content
- Scout, select and sign fighters to fight on our cards
- Provide support across OTX operations to enhance and grow the IP
- Lead the execution of fighter operations including: working with matchmakers, maintaining a fighter database, building relationships with key fighters and fighter support systems, and ultimately signing fighters to fight on our cards
- Provide valuable industry knowledge and relationships to add value to OTX as a whole
- Serve as liaison & manage relationships between Overtime & industry stakeholders including fighters, managers, promoters, governing bodies, etc.
- Support Overtime & OTX’s grassroots boxing efforts
- Work cross-functionally with OTX internal team, event ops, content, legal, finance, and others to ensure a seamless process from selection, to recruitment, to the on-site fighter experience.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in the boxing industry (preferably as a manager, promoter, etc.) or in talent/athlete management
- You understand and can communicate in Overtime’s voice.
- Ability to flex communication across C-level leadership exposure, established promoters, networks, managers, and step into the gyms with fighters and families
- A professional with lots of relationship capital in the boxing industry & ecosystem
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about boxing and its history
- Experience with complex negotiations
- You care about the next generation of boxers and delivering opportunities and experiences for them to grow
- Detail-oriented, organized, and one who can effectively work cross-functionally.
- Down to hustle - this role can require regular nights and weekends.
- Problem-solver and self-starter
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables
Manager: Brandon Rhodes, GM of OTX
Compensation: Overtime expects the base salary for this role to be $90-100K USD annually, plus benefits and equity in the company.
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.