Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
Overtime is hiring a Community Manager to join our team full-time in ATL. This role is integral to Overtime's continued success and growth in expanding our audience for our new basketball league, Overtime Elite and all of OT!
OTE is Overtime’s basketball superleague for up and coming hoopers. As a Community Manager, you will build up the biggest audience for OTE as possible! We believe OTE is the league for the younger sports fan. Your job will be to GIVE THEM A VOICE!
What You'll Do:
- Communicate directly with existing and potential fans of OTE via DM, email, Discord, in person and more!
- Utilize Overtime’s unique voice to connect with the next generation of sports fans
- Explain and educate fans on what OTE is
- Create a network of our biggest superfans for exclusive events
- Work in person with OTE athletes to build their audience and get more involved in the community
- Develop strategy around each social platform to have highest success rate with fans
- Connect with external media to cover OTE
- Support OTE’s ticketing team to get fans at our games
- Build Overtime Elite’s audience as big as humanly possible. We want everyone to know what OTE is and why it’s THEIR LEAGUE.
Who You Are:
- You understand and can communicate in Overtime's voice.
- Excellent communicator - digitally and in person!
- Live, breathe, eat social media. You are constantly on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and on the lookout for new, exciting platforms.
- Creative - you have ideas and concepts to change the way fans can be involved in sports
- Detail-oriented. Amazing proofreader who always checks their work.
- Down to hustle - this role requires regular nights and weekends.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about all sports, athletes and news around them
- Problem-solver and self-starter
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.