Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
Overtime is seeking an experienced, motivated, and hands-on financial professional to join our growing Accounting and Finance team. This person will manage/lead a small group of accounting professionals responsible for the accounting of all revenue streams and operating costs. The successful candidate will be a collaborative mentor/leader who will be responsible for managing the design and execution of scalable and dynamic processes while ensuring accounting is in accordance with US GAAP.
Our future Controller will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills as they work as an effective financial business partner across the organization. This position, which will be located at Overtime HQ in Brooklyn (DUMBO), will be a critical addition to the team as this person will be expected to work closely to help drive the vision, strategy, and culture of the group. The Controller will also be involved in other Accounting/Finance activities and special projects as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee, manage, lead and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding segment/business unit revenue reporting
- Evaluate and improve the design, implementation, and execution of scalable and effective systems including further evolution of our NetSuite accounting processes
- Partner closely with various operational functions, adding strategic value so that business needs are met while ensuring efficiency and accuracy of accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Leverage experience and knowledge to assist with the design, implementation, and execution of scalable, efficient, and GAAP-compliant processes and related systems.
- Manage all aspects of the month-end close process as it pertains to reporting, revenue recognition, and gross margin. Work closely with the FP&A team and other groups in providing key information and metrics.
- Ensure strong internal controls and make recommendations to improve financial operations to drive best practices.
- Act as a key team leader to foster growth and an innovation mindset and continuously work to build, lead and mentor a strong team in an ever-changing environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Active CPA license in good standing preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience most recently in a similar accounting operations leadership/management position, preferably in a public company.
- Prior sports or media experience within a high-growth company is strongly preferred.
- Strong background/understanding of ADP and NetSuite is highly preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding and application of US GAAP, with specialization/experience in revenue recognition and costing.
- Be comfortable and have experience functioning in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with ambiguity and changing priorities. Must be able to be nimble and pivot quickly/easily.
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence.
- Prior knowledge and experience regarding effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization is preferred.
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience with driving change through recommending and implementing process improvements for the overall team which drives consistency and standardization of process/procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; the ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities. Demonstrate strong leadership/mentorship across the Accounting group.
Overtime expects the annual base salary range for this position to be $150,000 - $185,000 USD. In addition to base salary, Overtime offers a competitive and comprehensive package of benefits and paid time off, as well as equity in the company.
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.