Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
Overtime is seeking a part-time Operations & Office Assistant to join our team in NYC. We’re looking for someone excited about Overtime who wants to help connect our staff and grow within the company.
There is the potential for this role to become full time in the future. For now, the needs are 10-20 hours per week on average, primarily Tuesdays through Thursdays. This person would be based in our headquarters in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
What you'll do:
You’ll work most closely with our Operations team to support day to day office management and planning team building events.
This role would include the following and more:
- Support the Operations team with office layout, desk setup for new staff, day to day in-office needs and troubleshoot various staff requests.
- Greet visitors and provide various related support like managing office tours
- Purchase supplies, run office-related errands and be point for office equipment needs
- Contribute to the culture by curating a fun, welcoming and positive work environment that is also extremely organized, clean, safe and efficient
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and deliveries
- Stay flexible and creative. Everyone on our Ops team manages a wide range of projects.
- Build relationships with teammates. Learn as much as possible to understand the organization and how everyone works together so you can best support the team and grow.
- Your job could include working on special projects based on whatever the company needs
Who you are:
- At least 1 year of experience or more in a fast paced environment is preferred
- Startup or small business experience is a plus
- Hyper organized and ability to multitask - you like to work on multiple projects at a time
- You're a DOER - you're a proactive problem solver and believe no task is too small
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, adaptive, positive, team player
- May require lifting boxes 10-30 lbs+
- Familiarity with Macs and Google Business Accounts strongly preferred
- Passion for sports is a plus. You don’t need to be obsessed with sports, but you should care about what Overtime is building and the opportunity to reach and impact millions of people.
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.