Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
As Overtime’s Network and Systems Engineer, you will be based in our state of the art facility in Atlanta, Georgia. You will provide our organization with systems and network support, deployment and optimization. Though based in Atlanta, you will be responsible for leading the design and improvement of the entire infrastructure. This role could potentially include travel to our NYC headquarters and other locations as needed.
What You'll Do
You’ll work most closely with our Director of Operations and Technology to help with day-to-day network and systems support, testing and deploying new systems/tools, improving our coast to coast infrastructure and overall support of the organization. This role would include the following and more:
- Conduct periodic reviews of software and technology services to minimize major incidents and maintain a log of known issues and solutions
- Knowledge of and key participant in application cloud suitability/readiness assessment, migration planning and support.
- Networking switch, routing and systems performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Manage end user accounts, rights, group policy, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in managing relationships with vendors and own planning for upsizing and needs as the organization continues to grow
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation including network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Demonstrate and foster a collaborative team approach and interact well with all functions and management providing consultation and expert advice
- Stay flexible and creative - everyone on the Overtime IT team manages a wide range of projects. This role may include managing the implementation or transition to new tech vendors, and other tasks as needed.
- 10% of your job includes pitching new ideas related to improving IT operations, internal communication, and more -- and then making them a reality
Who You Are
- 3+ years or more experience in a network heavy environment
- Expert level knowledge of Fortinet products required, knowledge of jamf and BetterCloud is a huge bonus!
- Proficient in various technology and software tools, especially with Google Workspace and both on prem and cloud based storage tools
- Startup experience is a MAJOR bonus
- Hyper organized - you’re meticulous about order and managing details
- Love to multitask - you're able to manage priorities and you're eager to work on multiple projects at a time
- You're a DOER - you're a proactive problem solver and believe no task is too small when it comes to helping the company and the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player - you're a people person with a positive attitude and eager to work with teammates across the entire company
- A creative thinker with an ability to suggest improvements
- Flexibility to adjust to new tasks as company or IT needs change
- You’re willing and able to work on-site in the ATL office Monday through Friday, evening and weekend work may be required
- May require lifting boxes 10-20 lbs+
- You love a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Passion for sports a plus
- If you have more, less or different experience and believe you are still an excellent fit for this role or another within our organization - please do apply and explain. We may have other opportunities now or in the future.
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.