Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
Overtime is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team! This role will assist in the monthly close, journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals.
This person must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, motivated, and have a desire to learn and grow within our team.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and record various journal entries including cash activity, accruals, and other month end activity
- Assist with month end close including posting standard close entries, reconciliations of accounts and system sub-modules to the General Ledger, and research
- Complete various Balance Sheet and Income Statement schedules to be used by management in monthly and quarterly financial statement reviews
- Process monthly credit card statements and allocation of expenses
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Provide other ad hoc analysis as may be required by management
- Other duties as assigned by management
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years related work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Strong analytical skills and organization skills
- Must be proficient in Excel
- NetSuite experience a plus
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.