Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
What you’ll do
- Own the entire process of design features for the Overtime App, with a special eye towards UI/UX
- Wireframe and develop new features and guide them through to completion with the help of junior designers, but also sometimes getting your hands dirty and designing the entire feature yourself
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Design Director and Project managers
- Manage relationship with dev team up to the CTO level and make sure teams are working closely together
- Design test your work and log bugs
- Participate in our weekly design critiques
- Execute projects from ideation to delivery efficiently and at a high level —
- This includes scheduling design reviews, helping the rest of the team prep, making sure we move fast and no timelines slip
- Explore diverse areas of focus that are non-obvious to gather inspiration — Be different
- Embody strong team leadership and contribute to the team by actively listening, communicating with each member, mentoring, giving feedback, and inspiring others.
- Foster a sense of community amongst the design team, other departments, clients and beyond
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional product design experience for social and consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Familiarity with content, social media culture, and Gen Z audience behaviors
- Ridiculously good at thinking like a user. You know how to ask users the right questions and tap into their truest desires. You understand them deeply, can get under their skin, and really feel their experience with the app.
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and Keynote
- An advanced knowledge of iOS and general mobile design
- You enjoy working really closely with developers, and completely understand how they think and solve problems. You’ve never met a developer you couldn’t connect and work with
- Awesome prototyping and presentation skills
- Strong sense of typography
- You’re the designer who is great at breaking down the implications of different solutions we could pursue, communicating the pros and cons of these various solutions, and driving the team to a solution
- Passionate, humble, motivated to continue learning
- Experience with games and game design is a HUGE plus — many features you design will involve thinking about implications to the game design
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.