Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
The Director, Corporate Strategy will be a core member of a small team overseeing the development and execution of Overtime’s growth strategy of becoming the #1 sports brand in the world. You will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of Overtime and impact all of our business verticals. You should be an enthusiastic, strategic, and analytical thinker. You will report directly to the Chief Strategy & Financial Officer.
Specific responsibilities of this role will include identifying trends and developments in the industry and providing informed points of view to leadership, evaluating and executing acquisition and investment opportunities and participating in corporate strategic planning activities. You will work directly with executive leadership at the corporate level and managers of our individual business units, while also collaborating with internal teams and external advisors and consultants.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross functionally with department leads on identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities and lead in synthesizing, preparing and presenting memos, describing strategic rationale to executive leadership
- Partner with internal teams across the organization to professionalize strategic roadmaps, and be a resource for business planning and execution
- Lead industry and business level due diligence
- Perform financial and valuation modeling for specific opportunities and recommending a course of action through various forms of analyses
- Support the CFO in various investor relations activities
- Act as an extension to the CFO in strategic ad-hoc projects
- Oversee confirmatory accounting, tax and legal due diligence where necessary
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of combined experience in investment banking or private equity and corporate strategy at a sports / media company
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in Finance, Business or related degree
- Experience at a start-up a plus
- Self-starter with ability to balance multiple, diverse projects with disparate timelines
- Intellectual curiosity and keen interest to learn more about entertainment, sports and media industries
- Must have significant and demonstrable experience in each of the following skills: Analyzing business models and evaluating investment opportunities (regardless of industry); Financial modeling, including developing revenue / cost builds, forecasting cash flow; and Preparing reports, memo or presentations for external or executive consumption
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, holding yourself and others accountable with kindness and humility
- Ability to work effectively, collaborate cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.