Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
Overtime is seeking an experienced Senior Director to develop and propel our business with advertisers and their agencies in the Midwest. If you’re a sports junkie with significant sales experience, a strong track record, and deep client relationships, we'd love to hear from you.
Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our Chicago work space when it reopens to the whole staff.
What You’ll Do
- Establish a collaborative business relationship between Overtime and Fortune 100 companies in the Midwest and their marketing agencies
- Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Overtime custom content and advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers
- Help advertisers build and execute effective campaigns, measure results, and renew / up-sell to drive revenue growth
- Thought leadership – immerse yourself in the evolving new media landscape, and adapting to Overtime's ongoing product developments
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience in digital media sales in the Chicago market
- Established relationships with C-level marketers and key decision-makers at companies and agencies
- A track record demonstrating an ability to develop and grow a book of business
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of modern publishing and the social media landscape, and opportunities for marketers
- Vertical experience a plus - particularly in entertainment, technology, finance, travel, QSR, and consumer packaged goods
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams
- A passion for Overtime and our mission
- BA / BS degree
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.