Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
The Commerce team is transforming the way Overtime engages with its millions of fans & customers. We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates and answers each fan, consumer & customer need across their lifetimes with OT & OTE (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). Think of OTE as an early-stage company within the broader Overtime organization - and with that, an opportunity for high growth and impact in a fast-paced environment. Connecting our fans across all of our products is integral to the growth plans of the company and this role will lead that charge.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Manager of Lifecycle Marketing to lead prospect conversion and lifecycle strategies for OT & OTE within the Commerce Team, Overtime’s Lifestyle & Consumer Brand. This role will work cross functionally across our teams, products & data to build consumer journeys and contribute in all aspects of building a Brand. You’ll be responsible for driving OT & OTE’s consumer growth & audience development by maximizing conversion of Overtime’s large and growing customer base. As a Lifecycle Manager you should have a passion for direct response and lifecycle marketing with a strong email marketing background and a proven track record of developing high-impact growth campaigns at scale. The role requires a knack for driving strategy through data, the creative sensibilities to turn that strategy into customer-relevant programs with personality, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionality. If you eat/breathe/sleep ways to improve engagement, have a passion for sports, and are ready to build the next generation of fandom, then this role’s for you.
- Develop and execute automated lifecycle marketing journeys and one-off campaigns across
all CRM channels (including email, Direct Mail, and SMS) to drive new subscribers.
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies to maximize the
conversion rate and LTV/CAC.
- Create prospect nurture programs to ensure long-term engagement for our growing
- Lead multichannel marketing strategies and implementation programs.
- Partner with Strategy & Creative teams to develop new brand-relevant messaging and
- Develop and execute an aggressive schedule of daily experiments to hyper-targeted
segments that will quickly and continuously increase conversion.
- Through testing, develop a multiple touch-point conversion strategy, with specific focus on
data- and activity-driven triggers that can scale into the larger OT ecosystem through
automation once proven.
- Own KPI reporting, including weekly and monthly updates.
- Work in a highly cross-functional role that will let you work with multiple teams.
- 5+ years of CRM or Lifecycle Marketing experience in a start up or direct-to-consumer
environment; experience with sports marketing/events is a major plus.
- Background in onboarding mar-tech stack & building communication programs through
CRM, ESP & CDPs a must (Simon Data, Klaviyo, Attentive, HubSpot or similar platform).
- Growth or acquisition marketing experience with at least two years working specifically on
converting prospects and churned customers.
- HTML/CSS coding experience is a plus
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Demonstrated achievements working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns and
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative
teams to launch.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred.
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel to manipulate data and build reports.
- Experience coding in languages like SQL is beneficial – the desire to learn is a must.
- Must be well-versed in testing strategies (A/B, multivariate, etc) and associated tools and
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including exceptional proofreading skills
- Self-starter who can work through immediate challenges while recommending modifications
for enhanced efficiency.
- Comfort in launching new products and optimizing current products with ability to work
between teams and functions with high autonomy.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.