Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of producers/shooters, and editors
- Impart technical expertise of shooting and editing equipment to team members
- Oversee serialized content from casting through picture lock
- Direct large projects and live events
- Research our audience, conceiving fresh ideas to improve metrics
- Supervise efficiency, making sure deadlines and expectations are met
Who you are:
- At least 6+ years of video production experience on long-form content
- Able to lead large teams, including supervising field and post-production
- A Jill/Jack of all trades - expert in shooting/editing plus a mentor of "one-person-band" members
- Strong story-teller, developing and tracking nuances over long periods of time
- Sports fan with voracious appetite to understand and project for Gen Z audience
- Video expert on platforms, including Snap, YouTube, etc.
- Critical-minded creator, team player, and leader
Interested candidates should watch the below 3 Overtime series and provide us with a detailed cover letter explaining what you enjoyed about the content, would like to see improved and how you would approach overseeing similar projects. Please keep in mind these shows were shot almost entirely by one-person-band shooter/producers in the field and don’t have large budgets.
- Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8anJPFG2xo
- To The House: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyulCHxxQC8&list=PL3kG88Zqx5nGNoKpGZs8OqnYXGW1VIDlW&index=2
- Super Team: https://youtu.be/DQ1bBRZHtxk
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.