Overtime is the leading brand for the next generation of sports fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we’ve built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Sapphire Sport, Bezos Expeditions (the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos), Micromanagement Ventures (the family of the late David Stern), Black Capital, Morgan Stanley Counterpoint Global, Blackstone Strategic Partners, PROOF, Gaingels, Alexis Ohanian, Drake, and 30+ NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.
The Commerce team is transforming the way Overtime & Overtime Elite engages with its millions of fans & customers. We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple platforms/channels to acquire and retain consumers across all of our products. Think of OTE as an early-stage company within the broader Overtime organization - and with that, an opportunity for high growth and impact in a fast-paced environment. Connecting our fans across all of our products is integral to the growth plans of the company and this role will lead that charge.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Growth Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the management of some of our most crucial customer acquisition channels. Responsibilities will include owning and managing paid social & paid search efforts across all platforms, most importantly Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, and others. You will manage all aspects of paid social & search campaigns, including media planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, reporting, pixel placement, budget pacing, etc. and will work in conjunction with the Lifecycle Marketing Manager. We will not rely on agencies so this person must have a deep understanding of the platforms and how to efficiently grow an account, and have a finger on the pulse on what is working in paid social & paid search for other D2C brands, in light of the Apple Privacy / IOS changes this past year.
This is a role where you’ll be expected to jump in, roll up your sleeves, and get into the details of strategically allocating budgets, managing campaigns, managing and maximizing ROI. You will often act as day-to-day subject matter expert to other departments, vendors and agencies, providing strategic recommendations, analysis, and research to drive our consumer growth north.
- Plan, launch, QA, optimize, and report on paid social & paid search campaigns
- Handle daily campaign management including monitoring pacing/delivery, tracking
optimizations, and escalating issues
- Be an expert on media audience performance and testing, i.e. how to reach them and bring
them into the acquisition funnel
- Have a deep understanding of creative, what types of ads work, what types of tests to run.
- Able to provide clear feedback to the creative team to ensure we get differentiated ads that
speaks to the brand ethos and illuminates the campaign themes.
- Report on metrics daily, with clear guidance on what approach to take to hit goals.
- Own KPI reporting, including weekly and monthly updates.
- Plan a roadmap and implement test for different platforms, ad units, bid types, audiences,
landing pages, to improve the efficiency of our efforts
- Contribute to constantly developing and sophisticating our approach to paid media
- Educate internal teams and clients on best practices, platform updates and new products
- Develop a strong partnership with our platform reps, vendors & agencies.
- Identify actionable opportunities for growth, as informed by data analysis
- Work in a highly cross-functional role that will let you work with multiple teams.
- 5+ years of performance marketing experience in the direct to consumer space; experience
with sports marketing/events is a major plus.
- Mastery of paid media platforms and creative best practices
- Background in onboarding new platforms and working with retention leads to enhance
- Familiarity with web analytics, CRM, ESP & CDPs a must (GA, Simon Data, Klaviyo,
Attentive, HubSpot or similar platform).
- Acquisition, Lifecycle & Retention marketing experience with at least two years working
specifically in sports marketing.
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Demonstrated achievements working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns and
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative
teams to launch.
- Consultative, communicative approach and enthusiasm for educating internal teams and
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred.
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel to manipulate data and build reports.
- Proven success managing 6 figure monthly budgets within self-serve UIs, including Google
Search/Shopping, Facebook/Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- Must be well-versed in testing strategies (A/B, multivariate, etc) and associated tools and
- Self-starter who can work through immediate challenges while recommending modifications
for enhanced efficiency.
- Comfort in launching new products and optimizing current products with ability to work
between teams and functions with high autonomy.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.