Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
This role is Evergreen, meaning Overjet will keep it advertised on our Careers page continuously. We do this to build a pipeline of exceptional talent. When an internal team has a need for a specific skill set or experience, we will pull from this pool of candidates. If your application is outstanding, we may also interview you opportunistically. If you are outstanding in the interview process, we may create a role for you regardless of current need. Please only apply to this role once a year, unless your experience has changed significantly.
Overjet is hiring a talented and motivated Staff Software Engineer to join our remote Engineering team.
You will be one of Overjet’s most experienced technical experts in building valuable software products for our insurance and dental practice customers. You will participate in cross-functional project teams, execute on the technical direction of the projects you are working on, and mentor more junior engineers on the best technical approaches to solve problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain impactful software solutions that transform our customers ability to deliver the best outcomes for patients
- Write efficient and scalable code, ensuring code quality and adherence to best practices
- Act as a key technical partner to cross-functional teams including Product
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes
- Regularly scheduled and sometimes ad-hoc on-call rotations is part of the core job every engineer on our team
- Excellent academic background in Computer Science or other related field
- Significant relevant experience writing code and delivering products with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical skills in programming languages such as Java, Python, Node, GoLang, C#, and Swift
- Strong familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure
- You love mentoring engineers and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing great people around you, in addition to great products
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused environment
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- Flexible Time Off and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- Excellence: We set ambitious goals and strive for excellence.
- Velocity: We focus, act with urgency, and deliver results.
- Ownership: We take ownership, dive deep and solve problems.
- Win-win: We play to win, setting ourselves and our customers up for success.
- Growth: We stay curious, seek feedback, and continuously learn and grow.
- 2023 — #29 on Linkedin's Top Startups 2023: The 50 U.S. companies on the rise
- 2023 — Fast Company World Changing Ideas for Overjet’s FDA-cleared dental AI
- 2023 — Fast Company World Most Innovative Companies
- 2023 — Fast Company Top 10 Healthcare Companies in the World
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.