We’re on a mission to build dental artificial intelligence (AI) into products that help dental payers and providers deliver the best patient care.
Our cutting-edge AI technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices.
- We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the engineering team.
- The Team: The Insurance team within Overjet is responsible for our Automated Claims Review and Payment Integrity products.
- As a Engineering Lead of the Insurance team, you will lead work on integrating the AI pipelines from our AI team, and developing our Automated Claims Review and Payment Integrity products that are built on data exchange, ETL, frontend, backend and API components. You will bring a delivery mindset, and operational excellence to the Insurance team enabling them to effortlessly meet delivery timelines and SLOs.
- As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members.
- Build, lead and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your team engineers, product owner, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate a partnership between engineers, product managers, and architect to set the right goals and drive solutions across our platform
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization while nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
Who You Are
- You love developing and growing engineers and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration, while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with exact title for this role depending on demonstrated skills
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and relational databases
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful