Overjet is on a mission to improve oral healthcare for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
All of this is made possible by the industry leading AI technology built by our Machine Learning (ML) team. We’re looking for a Principal Machine Learning Scientist to join us in our journey to build impactful and bleeding edge Dental AI and research.
As a Principal ML Scientist, you will look deep into customer requirements to solve their clinical problems by successfully blending novel and SOTA techniques. You will create AI innovations that uniquely target problems in the dental space.
- Design novel architectures and techniques to solidify Overjet’s position as the market leading Dental AI vendor.
- Demonstrate AI thought leadership via publications in reputable AI and Dental publications and talks at leading conferences.
- Propose annotation strategies designed for optimal model performance.
- Lead and mentor junior machine learning engineers and raise the ML bar across Overjet.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, TPMs, customer success, engineering and clinicians.
- 10+ years of commercial experience working on machine learning projects
- Expertise working with SOTA (ViT, CNN, FCN etc.) and novel DL architectures in Computer Vision
- Strong Experience in at least two of the following CV tasks - classification, object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation, panoptic segmentation
- Strong experience with NLP
- PhD in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar field
- Strong publication record in leading AI/ML journals (e.g. CVPR, ICML, MICCAI) and/or patent portfolio
- Strong experience in ML lifecycle components - data engineering, labeling, model training, validation and deployment.
- Demonstrable experience with developing models and techniques that have enjoyed industry success
- Passionate about making a lasting positive difference in dental/healthcare.
- Experience with creating FDA approved computer vision based products.
- Experience with medical imaging
- Experience building models with multi-modal input such as images and text
Overjet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Overjet!