Dental Consultant - Remote
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral healthcare for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
Complementing our dental AI review services, Overjet provides licensed dental claims review for insurers through our nationwide network of dental consultants. These highly trained consultants review insurance claims based on medical necessity and eligibility, process claim appeals, and confer with providers. Your claims review work will utilize Overjet’s industry-leading dental AI technology to support your decision making.
- Authorize or deny predeterminations and claims by reviewing radiographs and/or other supporting documentation, in accordance with member plan benefits and with support from Overjet’s dental AI technology
- Evaluate appeals, request additional information, make revised claim decisions and make further recommendations
- Communicate claim review outcomes to participating Dentists and plan members
- Participate in training and calibration sessions and provide regular feedback to improve productivity and accuracy of claims review
- Graduate of an accredited Dental School (D.D.S. or D.M.D)
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience
- Minimum 2+ years of prior dental claims review experience
- Unencumbered dental license in at least one state (multiple states preferred)
- Knowledge of CDT codes and procedures
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in remote communications (Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job type: Full-time/part-time 1099 Contractor (>20hrs/week)