We are looking for a self-directed Security Engineer with cloud IT administration experience to join our growing team. You will support our engineering team and AI scientists by configuring secure, scalable, and highly available systems that conform to HIPAA safeguards and HiTrust requirements.
This is a fast-paced Agile environment with a strong focus on adopting modern cloud-native technologies. Strong communication skills, stellar Infra as Code and troubleshooting skills, and obsession with security is key. This is a terrific opportunity for a technologist to lead DevSecOps at Overjet.
- Configure SIEM system in support of HiTrust certification.
- Perform user management and device endpoint management tasks in support of HiTrust certification.
- Manage network security and critical infrastructure access
- Setup disaster recovery policies, procedures, and run the desktop exercises
- Set up infra monitoring that can alert on impact for customers and provide levels of escalation.
- Configure secure systems that protect PHI across dev, test and production environments.
- Provide architecture and solution design expertise for DevOps tasks.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to security management including processes and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in working on public cloud infrastructure with automation.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Security Engineer
- CISSP, CCSP, or other relevant certifications
- Experience with containerization and orchestration related to technologies like Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code tools.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like DataDog.
- At least one of the following certifications: GCP Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Healthcare start-up experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly respond to surprises.
- Experience with mentoring and knowledge dissemination.
- Security certification from GCP, AWS or Azure.
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile environments.