Overflow is building the infrastructure to make generosity frictionless across all major asset classes. We're focused on inspiring the world to give. Join us!
Overflow is the philanthropy platform for today-pairing modern technology with an uncomplicated approach to giving. We are a Series A startup founded in Silicon Valley with an audacious mission to inspire the world to give. We are backed by top-tier VC firms (Uncork, Craft & Village Global) and strategic angels & leaders within organizations like Hubspot, Golden State Warriors, Carta, Lyft, Stripe, & Venmo. We are addressing a $450B philanthropic market ripe for disruption. Overflow is a B2B SaaS company that unlocks net-new donations for nonprofits solving some of the most pressing problems we face as a civilization. We are working to make generosity frictionless across all asset classes and we are starting with stocks. Some of the top nonprofits in the world trust us and we are positioned to lead the market as a top payments provider. Learn more about why we started this company.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for building and managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong proficiency with Typescript
- Strong Proficiency of Node.js and the Express framework
- Strong proficiency with MongoDB
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes experience is a bonus
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- 3-5 years professional development experience