Contract Product Manager (12 months)
London, Cape Town and/or Remote
CEO/ Head of Strategy
Over puts the power to inspire the world, build a business, or grow your brand – in the palm of your hand. You can create impactful visual content in just a few taps, with no design experience necessary. We've also recently joined forces with GoDaddy on its mission to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures.
At Over we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen.
It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing.
It's also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions.
But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground.
So we take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen
Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We have an incredibly talented team of inspiring individuals, who have worked tirelessly to make Over into the wonderful product it is today. Together, we’re inspiring the world to create, one design at a time.
We’re an award winning (yes! You read that right - we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category) with a distributed team spanning a wide range of locations – and we’re constantly growing.
At Over, we live and breathe these values – and they show up in everything we do:
- Go big and go home – good products come from the heart, and good hearts come from healthy homes and minds.
- Growth is at the heart of everything we do – we proactively learn whatever is necessary to build a truly great product and company.
- We say “thank you”. Like, a lot. For big things, small things, old things and new things. Our #gratitude Slack channel is a constant reminder we’re an overwhelmingly grateful bunch.
- Inspire – not just our users, but each other. On any given day, you’ll learn something new, hear a great story, feel empowered, get a hug, or a high five. It’s just how it goes.
- We are resilient – we embrace failure, celebrate spills, and recover quickly from a punch to the throat. It happens.
- We see it big, and keep it simple – clearly visualizing the future, but keeping an eye on the details, and breaking it down into tiny habits, actions and experiments.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, this role will be a product expert and evangelist, working as part of a squad, you will be responsible for identifying and capturing business requirements and translating them into technical requirements within a squad and as part of the broader product team.
- Drive the product strategy and delivery of innovative new product features
- Conduct market and user research to identify user needs
- Prioritize product opportunities using criteria and requirements defined during research
- Establish requirements and specifications for existing and new product features
- Clearly communicate vision and goals of existing and new product features
- Lead and participate in planning meetings and provide advice and guidance on the direction of products
- Co-lead squads and manage cross-functional teams in product, design, and engineering
- Develop and track metrics to assess the success of product features and determine necessary enhancements
Skills, Competencies, and Experience:
- 5+ years of product management or other relevant experience
- Experience working directly with designers and engineers to design and iterate on products
- Sound commercial understanding
- Strong agile project management and time management skills