Responsible for overseeing the design and development of technically superior software that delivers tangible value to the customer and company business. Identifies technology and business analytics programs in line with overall company goals and principles. Oversees data collection and analysis. Advises business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address technology as well as business issues and opportunities. Guides and develops strategies for creating and executing software and analytics solutions that lead to improvement and optimization in business performance and risk mitigation.
Responsibilities also include the design, development, optimization, maintenance and cybersecurity of the company cloud computing platform.
Works in collaboration with other business leaders to drive decisions based on data, facts and analytical findings across different parts of the organization. Acts as subject matter expert in SW development and analytics best practice and applications for the business. Stays abreast of industry and technology trends. Familiar with the regulatory framework surrounding SW development and validation in the medical device industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with other key Engineering and Technology leaders throughout the organization – especially with PMO, HW Engineering and Product Management – in the identification of new product offerings.
- Deliver high-quality, technically sound products on schedule
- Drive all aspects of recruiting including attracting, building and retaining a highly skilled SW Engineering team
- Establish and maintain a long-term roadmap for our technology architecture. Promote best practice software development and project management practices
- Manage data insights and analytics, including building out operational dashboards in partnership with all business areas
- Use existing methods and best practices, and new technologies to create features and platforms with the highest levels of security, reliability, efficiency, and scalability.
- Design and implement system security and data assurance. Overall responsible for data warehouse architecture and security
- Partner with SW QA in the identification of appropriate SW validation practice
- Ensure key technical documentation is developed and maintained
- S. in EE, computer engineering, computer science, data science or equivalent
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years managing and leading SW development teams
- 5+ years developing web-based applications
- Relevant experience in Systems and HW engineering
- Experience leading and mentoring software engineers
- Experience with Java or C++
- Must have a proficiency in SQL and experience with large scale database driven applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be an excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Must have a record of working to deadlines in a rapid development cycle and prioritizing competing demands.
- Demonstrate creativity, problem solving, and intelligent thinking
- Solid understanding of agile software development processes
- Experienced in cloud computing, architecture and cybersecurity