Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
The Key Account Representative (Home and Chronic) will work on the National Home Team and is responsible for expanding Home Hemodialysis options for patients with new and existing key account customers. This includes collaborating with the Outset Team and Home and Chronic customers to develop scalable patient care models which utilize Tablo to transition patients into a sustainable home hemodialysis treatment plan.
The Key Account Representative (Home and Chronic) will work with large health systems, independent physicians, dialysis providers and innovative partners to create and implement innovative models of care that empower dialysis patients and their families to choose to make treating at home a priority over in-center options. This includes sales and training activity with executive, clinical, financial and strategic decision makers within these organizations to establish a plan and pipeline for getting patients to home therapy. Core activities include creating and implementing launch and expansion plans, preparing and delivering quarterly business reviews, problem solving to drive efficiencies and accelerate adoption, general project management to ensure the success and growth of each Tablo Home Program. Results will be measured by the adoptions rate of Tablo home users within each program relative to the mutually agreed goal for achievement.
The Key Account Representative (Home and Chronic) will build and execute quarterly plans that support and expand Tablo utilization of existing accounts within their geography. They will be responsible for the development of Key Opinion Leaders within their accounts, building market development strategies to drive increased interest and volume of patients treating on Tablo at home and conducting regular education events to broaden the understanding of Tablo at Home within the account and their referral network.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement launch plans for all new home programs within Key Accounts. Activities include training staff and physicians, conducting quarterly business reviews to review strategic, clinical and financial metrics, conducting market development and referring physician education programs.
- Develop clinical and administrative key opinion leaders to establish market awareness of the clinical, economic and strategic value of treating patients with Tablo for home hemodialysis and growing your home hemodialysis program with Tablo
- Drive new efficiencies in training and identifying patients for home hemodialysis to accelerate adoption of Tablo within each account and shorten the time from training to treating at home with Tablo
- Collaborate with customer and outset medical team to drive results with a geo-targeted patient activation campaign strategy
- Develop a plan to transition peritoneal dialysis patients to home hemodialysis with Tablo
- Drive new physician referral programs to direct more patients to home hemodialysis
- Work with provider to identify and overcome barriers to home hemodialysis adoption within their market
- Collaborate with Customer Experience and Field Service to improve the quality of customer experiences
- Develop plans of action to meet an exceed objectives for number of patients treating at home with Tablo
- Develop a plan to build and expand transitional care units in current and new locations
- Collaborate with product development and marketing to improve the Tablo patient experience
- Embrace and drive the core qualities of the Outset Culture, adapt and respond to a changing environment
Qualifications, Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years medical equipment sales or support experience with innovative technology
- Proven record of achievement and leadership
- Prior clinical support, clinical sales or clinical field training experience in the home dialysis space
- Ambition and strong work ethic
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and persuasive communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Willingness to be flexible in adapting to an ever-changing hyper growth company environment