Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
We are seeking a Software Engineer that can directly impact the experience of patients and clinicians as well as Outset business operations with their solid programming skills and can-do attitude. New college graduates are encouraged to apply. Daily activities will software design, implementation, and testing of embedded software as part of a cross functional team with a key focus on intelligent medical systems and components. The candidate should bring solid programming skills in C/C++ and the ability to learn new languages. The candidate should have a basic understanding of embedded programming and RTOS concepts and be able to read digital schematics.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in software detailed design, implementation, and software verification.
- Develops software to interface with actuators (pumps, valves, etc.) and complex sensors.
- Develops use cases, complex state machines, class hierarchies, sequence diagrams and algorithms for fluidic control.
- Development of automated unit, integration and functional test protocols.
- Strong written skills required to support software documentation.
- Masters or PhD in Computer, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to read digital board schematics and datasheets; familiar with microprocessor architectures.
- Work or university project team experience interfacing with actuators/sensors desired; applicable project examples include robotic devices, self-driving vehicle technologies and the like.
- Good knowledge of C/C++; basic knowledge of embedded programming and RTOS concepts.
- Some experience with source code control, preferably Git, strongly desired.
- High level of initiative with ability to ask questions without hesitation. Ability to learn and adapt to different types of software development quickly.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diversity of personalities. Must be approachable, show respect for others, and be able to present data effectively to different audiences.
- Flexible in daily schedule, tasks required and problem solving, while maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Candidates should have a passion to work in the medical device field and a desire to directly impact the lives of patients in a significant way