Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer that can directly impact the experience of patients and clinicians as well as Outset business operations with their breadth of skills and can-do attitude. Daily activities will include requirements definition, design, implementation, and testing of IoT and networking software as part of a cross functional team. The candidate should bring a deep understanding of IoT client-side software, Cybersecurity, Linux, bootloaders, and file systems. Experience developing custom IoT clients with open-source software and integrating with complex embedded systems is mandatory; Kafka and AWS experience strongly desired. The ability to understand complex electromechanical systems highly desirable. The candidate should be fluent in Object-Oriented Design, C/C++,. UML and Java. Python programming experience along with medical device experience is desirable.
This position is for a term of 3 months, but could result in conversion to a full time role.
Essential Job Functions
- Leverages experience and knowledge of IoT infrastructure, cybersecurity, software engineering, and medical devices to lead in the design and development of the software for Outset products and intellectual property.
- Participates in cybersecurity risk assessments, requirements definition, software architecture and detailed design, implementation, and software verification and validation.
- Defines tasks associated with all phases of software development and provides accurate estimates of required effort and project completion dates.
- Provides software engineering expertise for the continuous improvement of product and process.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents work in support of ANSI/AAMI/IEC 62304:2006, ISO13485, FDA GMP and the requirements of all other relevant standards and all necessary documentation for planned FDA filings.
- Apply Object-Oriented Analysis/Design and UML to software architecture and design.
- Masters in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience delivering custom, fully commercial IoT implementations to market using open-source messaging, key management and encryption technologies.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in C/C++ software design, development, debug and test in Linux environments.
- Fluency in Object-Oriented Design, UML.
- Demonstrated proficiency with source code control, issue tracking, and requirements management systems.
- At least 1 year of embedded software, real-time operating systems experience. Familiarity with serial protocols desirable.
- Experience in medical device or instrumentation software desired.
- Willing learn new coding languages as needed
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diversity of personalities. Must be approachable, show respect for others, and be able to present data effectively to different audiences.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage, able to take calculated and bold initiatives to meet expectations while maintaining the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Flexible in daily schedule, tasks required and problem solving, while maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures.