Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
Outset is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate individual to help lead physician strategy and marketing efforts for the acute and subacute markets. This role is responsible for helping to determine market strategy while owning the physician relationship and activation plan across the buying cycle from awareness to consideration and product adoption to retention. Additionally, responsibilities involve developing a successful marketing mix for the downstream execution of the strategy. This includes, but is not limited to, developing overall selling strategies and tools, customer segmentation and segment specific messaging. He or she will partner with the sales organization, internal product and marketing communication teams, Clinical Affairs, Outset customers and prospective customers, in addition to external consultants to drive revenue growth of Tablo and build awareness of the Outset Medical brand.
The ideal candidate should have experience Marketing medical devices, supplies, and/or capital equipment within acute care hospitals, long-term acute care facilities, and skilled nursing facilities. He or she should be able to draw from past experiences to overcome obstacles when faced with a challenge, but also have an entrepreneurial spirit and willing to “figure things out” when the answer isn’t clear. This position requires someone with an inquisitive mind that is constantly bringing ideas to the table and finds fulfillment in building a market. Finally, he or she should be passionate about serving customer needs through cutting edge technology application, and want to be a part of creating a paradigm shift in renal replacement therapy.
Essential Job Functions
- Own and drive market strategy, to include:
- Physician strategy and KOL development
- Help develop Outset Medical’s overall channel strategy to increase awareness and use of Tablo across multiple market segments
- Development of Marketing Mix to effectively compete in those markets, i.e. sales tools, pricing models, peer to peer events, webinars, talk track & messaging
- Promotional campaigns to drive broad adoption of Tablo
- Utilize market research and analyses to identify, refine, challenge and support marketing programs.
- Evaluate the existing collateral within the business and develop plan for new print and digital sales tools for use in a selling situation
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in executing marketing plan to support product positioning and branding initiatives (e.g. sales team, training and education, product marketing, and clinical team)
- Evaluate existing marketing programs and recommend changes for improvements, including collateral and other documents
- Ensure consistency and clarity of internal / external communications in regards to company, therapy, products and services.
- Create metrics to quantify impact of the marketing programs
- Help with broader news media plan and awareness
- Inform management on potential competitive threats and propose corrective actions.
- Monitor and manage expenses within allotted marketing budget
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by company management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10 years previous relevant work experience within Medical Devices is strongly preferred
- Startup experience preferred, but not required
- Track record of successful product launches, physician/KOL development, lead generation, digital & social media campaigns supported by evidence
- Must be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, strategic, and organized
- Must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Experienced in working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Experience with and driving campaigns through CRM platforms (SalesForce, Marketo, Eloqua, etc…)
- Displays impeccable written, speaking and reading abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills as demonstrated through the ability to maintain good working relationships.
- Must have excellent computer skills and is able to work in Microsoft Office
- Travel is a requirement of this position and estimated to be between 25%-35%