Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Web Engineer to join the Web Engineering Team and play an active role in the creation, execution, management and maintenance of Output’s various web properties and services. The Web engineer will work with many departments including marketing, product, operations, and design, ensuring each department’s needs are met on Output.com. A successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, technically savvy, and energized to research and learn new technologies that may benefit Output’s web practices.
How you'll add value:
- Build web pages using various web technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Take ownership of projects/features as they arise
- Be an active participant in the web scrum team and work on tickets in sprints
- Work alongside the design team to build and edit web pages
- Work alongside the marketing team to edit and consult on web-related work
- Work with web engineering to plan and execute revisions to the company’s sites
- Work with QA to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve web related issues
- Build out automated testing and monitoring for critical web user experiences
- Ensure company site is fully functional at all times applying SRE best practices
- Contribute to web engineering best practices
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a web engineer on a production site
- CS degree or similar experience
- Fluency in PHP, JS, CSS, VueJs, RESTful API integration, etc
- Professional experience with WordPress themes & plugins, WooCommerce, etc
- Experience in building functional front-facing webpages, with a keen eye for design/details and SEO best practices
- Experience reading design documents and extracting assets
- Proficiency with front-end coding and debugging. Understands and applies principles of page optimization, such as media queries, asynchronous loading, and caching
- Strong understanding of ES6, jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, CSS frameworks (eg Bootstrap), version control (Git/Github)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bonus: Passion for democratizing music making and empowering creative music makers
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We have adapted our working styles and have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales and we continue to thrive as a team all while working remotely. We have embraced the “work from anywhere revolution” and will continue to hire all roles remotely unless otherwise stated. Our Los Angeles office will remain open to those needing a space or looking for a place to collaborate with other teams. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).