Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who will be responsible for supporting a timely and accurate month-end close. This role will be responsible for accurately recording revenue, deferred revenue and reconciling sales activity, merchant settlements and bank activity as well as preparing month-end accruals and supporting schedules including balance sheet reconciliations.
How you'll add value:
- Support a timely and accurate accounting close by preparing and recording journal entries
- Accurately record sales transactions and monitor collections through reconciliation of sales data to merchant account activity and bank deposits (order to cash)
- Record deferred revenue and maintain deferred revenue reconciliations and rollforwards
- Investigate and resolve chargebacks
- Manage the configuration of billing and revenue plans within billing system
- Monitor collections and accuracy of system invoice status
- Own distributor billing and cash application activities as needed
- Perform AR reserve analysis
- Support reporting and compliance requirements related to sales tax and VAT
- Monitor the need for business process improvements and assist with the design of processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve revenue operations processes
- Analyze financial information and support management reporting
- Support development and implementation of billing/payment systems and process enhancements
- Support the external audit process as needed
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years experience required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 required
- Experience with Netsuite strongly preferred
- Proficient with excel
- Experience with high volume transactions in SaaS or ecommerce strongly preferred
- Experience with foreign currency required
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We have adapted our working styles and have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales and we continue to thrive as a team all while working remotely. We have embraced the “work from anywhere revolution” and will continue to hire all roles remotely unless otherwise stated. Our Los Angeles office will remain open to those needing a space or looking for a place to collaborate with other teams. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).