Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Since raising a $45 million Series A investment, the Output team is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Payments Software Engineer to play an active role in the creation, execution, management and monitoring of Output’s web payment experiences, related services and integrations. This role will encompass payments, checkout, and the subscriber lifecycle and will work closely with many other departments including product, growth, marketing, operations, and design. A successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, technically savvy, and energized to research and learn new technologies that may benefit Output’s future payments roadmap.
How you'll add value:
- Provide tech leadership for a cross-functional team - participate in regular scrum planning, standups, grooming, and retrospectives
- Be a strong partner with Product, Design and QA in the payments space
- Be hands-on developer who is actively taking tickets each sprint, while acting as an engineering role model for the payments space
- Own payments related tech projects and be able to drive them to completion
- Support scoping, estimation, tech design, and execution of new features from Product, Growth, Marketing, Finance and other stakeholders
- Technical leadership, design, and software development for areas including
- Web-based payments and related integrations
- Checkout flow optimization
- Subscriber lifecycle - Trials, promos, upgrade, downgrade, entitlements, bundling, Dunning process
- Plans and pricing optimization
- Integrations to support international payments, currency conversion, and taxation
- New payment-related integrations, maintaining and updating existing integrations
- Own payments test coverage together with QA to ensure payments processing provides a world class experience to our users
- Ensure monitoring and alerting for uptime of critical production payment systems and integrations
- Enable A|B testing for any payments or checkout related features
- Analytics for payments and checkout related web user experiences
- Be an advocate for paying down tech debt while building for security and availability
- Be an advocate for developer and payment-specific best practices
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- At least 10 years hands-on experience in web and payments development, especially with production payment systems and integrations
- CS / EE degree or similar experience
- Full-stack software engineering skills - Front-end payments and checkout experience
- Experience with a few of the following - Wordpress, Woo Commerce, Shopify, etc
- Experience with payment gateways such as Recurly, Zuora, ChargeBee, Stripe, Adyen, Braintree, etc.
- Experience with the setup and configuration payments testing environments
- Solid understanding of security best practices and techniques, PCI compliance, etc
- Experience with payments gateway configuration and migration
- Web unit, integration and regression testing and automation (Ghost Inspector, Datadog, RUM, synthetics)
- Web and backend CI/CD processes
- Experience in setting up payments monitoring and alerting
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).