Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world, used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music. The Output Marketing team combines acquisition, brand, lifecycle, and creative to drive scalable growth of our SaaS instrument plugin, Arcade.
This new role will oversee and drive the creation and continuous testing of internally and externally produced ad creatives - specifically focused on performance and customer acquisition creatives. We’re looking for a bold, innovative, results-driven leader to grow and scale our acquisition creative function. This role will help build and manage an internal team of designers, copywriters, producers, freelance animators, and external agencies to support the needs of our growing business. Must have management experience in finding, coaching, and motivating the next gen of creative geniuses.
You should be deeply versed in concepting, storyboarding, and directing on-brand performance advertising (Display, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, SnapChat, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Soundcloud etc.). Nail our distinctive look and feel, incorporate consumer insights, and help us with prioritization and resource planning. We need someone who can dramatically increase our volume of creative and testing, and bring best-in-class performance creative ideas and tactics to improve conversion from our advertising.
How you'll add value:
- Formulate quarterly OKRs and create strategic roadmaps to ensure the Creative Team is contributing to our company goals and marketing efforts.
- Oversee creative production of digital assets for acquisition advertising as well as some website and content marketing.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to drive innovative campaign ideas that support our aggressive growth goals
- Work hand-in-hand with a creative producer to create processes and infrastructure to maintain a high-performing and happy team.
- Attend weekly meetings with our growth team and paid advertising agencies to receive feedback on the efficacy of creatives and apply learnings to the next round of assets.
- A/B testing, iterating, and refining creatives for performance and deep empathy for our users.
- Ensure creative quality, consistency, and cohesiveness across all creative executions
- Partner with our VP Marketing & HR to plan the next 6-12 months of hiring needs. Attract, hire, and empower, a team of rockstar permanent and freelance creatives. We are a start up in a rapid growth period.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a Creative at a top agency, DTC brand, or hyper growth startup
- Rockstar portfolio of interesting, visually compelling, delightful work across multiple mediums especially in Display, Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Expert in Adobe Suite and G-Suite.
- Music production knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to pair fresh campaign concepts with a strong design foundation
- Deeply knowledgeable on the best practices of growth marketing channels, digital ad products and incorporating them within our brand.
- Comfortable balancing a high standard of brand aesthetic with performance based campaign goals
- Entrepreneurial, you seek out opportunities for scrappy, rapid experimentation
- Growth minded, you're interested in testing and learning in order to make your contributions as effective as possible.
- Set trends in photography, design, and animation. We actively push against the mold of millennial ‘bland’.
- Passionate about people, culture, art, and music industry at large.
- You can communicate in the tools of the trade (Photoshop, Sketch, Cinema 4D, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro) etc. even if you don’t need to jump into them yourself.
- You’ve used Slack and other project management tools such as ClickUp, Airtable, Asana, Basecamp to communicate briefs and assign tasks clearly.
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).