Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world, used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music. The Output Marketing team combines acquisition, brand, lifecycle, and creative to drive scalable growth of our SaaS instrument plugin, Arcade.
As Output looks to continue growing our flagship product, Arcade, and deliver on our mission to inspire anyone at any level to make music, we are building out our Lifecycle and Growth Marketing functions. We’re looking for a world class leader, who is a passionate Growth marketing expert with deep understanding of email marketing, A/B testing, and taking data and insights to deliver world class customer experiences. This role will build and manage a team of growth and lifecycle rockstars to help Output accelerate and exceed our aggressive growth targets. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to come in and help build a team and function from the ground up, with ample opportunity to make a massive impact on the company's current and future success.
How you'll add value:
- Build, coach, and develop a high-performing team across dimensions of performance, skills, and career development
- Formulate quarterly OKRs and create strategic roadmaps to ensure the team is contributing to our company and broader marketing goals
- Strategically lead the evolution of our lifecycle marketing to build world class campaigns that convert, engage, and retain more subscribers
- Partner cross-functionally with data analytics, engineering, product, creative and design, and finance teams to align strategies and deliver results on core funnel metrics
- Own all customer lifecycle marketing touchpoints from activation through retention, monetization, and winback
- Develop a robust approach to marketing automation leveraging our customer engagement and email platform (Braze)
- Innovate and identify new tactics and customer touchpoints
- Evolve the long-term growth and lifecycle strategy to include new products and business verticals, while continuing existing successful growth strategies
- Work across Marketing Leadership and internal stakeholders to define and refine scalable processes that improve collaboration and improve efficiency as the team continues to grow
- Partner cross-functionally with Product & Engineering to develop a strong understanding of back end systems and their interactions with Marketing tools and campaign needs
- Create and own strategic relationships with external technology and data vendors to support and successfully execute critical marketing initiatives
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience working in growth, email, and lifecycle marketing, preferably at at a hyper growth consumer technology company
- Experience building and leading a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive winning strategies
- Deep experience with best-in-class growth strategies
- Experience working with Customer Engagement and Marketing Automation tools (eg. Braze, SFMC, Iterable, etc.)
- Well versed in customer lifecycles and full-funnel marketing, preferably in a B2C technology context
- Candidates should be strategic, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. This has opened us up to hiring permanent remote positions around the country. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).