Join the mission to make Earth a sustainable home forever.
We see a future where space is the gateway to a more resilient and sustainable Earth. Outpost is the sustainable space company. Outpost is creating the world's first commercial reusable satellites that will come back to earth after mission completion and then get refurbished for the next mission, reducing future space debris and contributing to the long term sustainability of human life in space while making the cost of a satellite mission up to 80% cheaper and 100% cleaner.
We enable precision Earth Return of satellites and orbital payloads. We believe that our future in space must be built with sustainability at its core and that efficient, precise Earth Return is essential for the development of new industries in space and the improvement of life on Earth.
Outpost allows companies to iterate on technical developments in space and ensure mission success. If you believe that the advancement into space will create a better planet Earth for all living beings and have the background to support it, then we want to hear from you.
Who you are:
- You are a firmware engineer who has worked integrating bare-metal devices with a variety of CPU architectures. You’re excited by the idea of applying this knowledge towards Satellite earth return and beyond.
- You enjoy team collaboration and are an effective communicator with the ability to operate independently.
- The design, development, and testing of our in-house firmware and flight software supporting all Outpost flight systems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in developing and debugging firmware
- Proficiency in C
- U.S. Person including U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 , or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
- Be located in (or willing to relocate to) Santa Monica, CA.
- Experience in a complex system lifecycle including requirements, verification, validation, etc
- Experience with aerospace and/or RF communication systems
- Information/network security experience
- Passion for space/innovation
- Proficiency in scripting languages: Python, etc.
- $120,000 - $130,000, based on experience
- Annual Performance-Based Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Family Leave
Please click here to Apply.