Join the mission to make Earth a sustainable home forever.
We see a future where space is the gateway to a more resilient and sustainable Earth. Outpost is the sustainable space company. Outpost is creating the world's first commercial reusable satellites that will come back to earth after mission completion and then get refurbished for the next mission, reducing future space debris and contributing to the long term sustainability of human life in space while making the cost of a satellite mission up to 80% cheaper and 100% cleaner.
We enable precision Earth Return of satellites and orbital payloads. We believe that our future in space must be built with sustainability at its core and that efficient, precise Earth Return is essential for the development of new industries in space and the improvement of life on Earth.
Outpost allows companies to iterate on technical developments in space and ensure mission success. If you believe that the advancement into space will create a better planet Earth for all living beings and have the background to support it, then we want to hear from you.
Who you are:
- You are a software engineer with knowledge of software architecture practices and hands-on experience in integration and deployment of complex, networked software systems
- You enjoy team collaboration and are an effective communicator with the ability to operate independently.
- The specification, design, and build out of Outpost’s Ground Data Systems
- Interfacing with Outpost’s ground network to parse, route, and display telemetry to mission controllers
- Degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, aerospace, or related field.
- Proficient in database technologies
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with Linux OS, command-line interface tools, Python or other scripting language, AWS or other similar cloud tooling
- You must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 , or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
- Be located in (or willing to relocate to) Santa Monica, CA.
- Experience in a complex system lifecycle including requirements, verification, validation, etc
- Experience with aerospace and/or RF communication systems
- Information/network security experience
- Passion for space/innovation
- $105,000 - $115,000, based on experience
- Annual Performance-Based Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Family Leave
Please click here to Apply.