What We Do
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world's best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
Come work at a cutting-edge startup improving online higher education. Outlier is offering an 8-week full-time, paid internship within our Product team starting June 14, 2021, and ending August 6, 2021.
The Intern Program consists of a number of components geared toward creating a unique entrepreneurial Summer experience. If you have experience with product work and are ready to roll up your sleeves, join us for an unforgettable internship opportunity.
The Outlier Internship Program provides college students an opportunity to work for a fast-paced startup in the EdTech industry. Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, the internship will be completed virtually. Interns at Outlier will be engaged in the following components during the internship to run from June 14, 2021-August 6, 2021.
- Getting To Know Outlier: The Onboarding/Orientation Process
- Learning The Job: Product/Onboarding Duties
- Building Impact: A Volunteer Activity
What You'll Do
- Bring innovative perspectives to the team.
- Develop valuable skills at a quickly growing Edtech startup.
- Engage with senior leadership.
- Gain experience and increase marketability.
- Help us create a new, interactive onboarding experience that more effectively teaches students how to use our course features.
- Think critically about what it means to offer the world’s best educational experience and build thoughtful, useful onboarding features that get us closer to this goal.
- Investigate user needs, define an onboarding solution, and work closely with other members of our product and design teams to bring your work to life.
Who You Are
- A current undergraduate/graduate-level student or a recent graduate with experience in UX design and/or design thinking
- Intellectually curious and kind.
- A self-starter that thinks outside the box.
- An effective communicator and collaborator.
- Have passion for improving education.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines in parallel.
Please note: Outlier.org hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans, among others—we welcome and encourage all applicants. One of Outlier.org’s goals is for our team and culture to reflect the diverse student populations we serve. We remain committed to recognizing the best talent wherever it may be.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.