What We Do
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world's best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
We are seeking a diligent, well-organized, and interdisciplinary Junior Course Development Coordinator to assist with the organization of content creation for our online college course offerings. You will play a key role assisting the Course Development Coordinator in bringing the course vision to life through production and presentation of all course materials from beginning to end of the course production lifecycle.
You will be responsible for providing support with tasks including but not limited to recruitment of expert academics, research, creation of course materials, review and copyediting of these materials, and organization of the teams uploading these materials into our site. You will also assist with the coordination of content communications between our Product and Video Production departments. A successful candidate will enjoy taking on new challenges while learning about a diverse variety of academic subjects. This role provides the opportunity to showcase your creative, problem-solving, social, organizational, and analytical talents to facilitate the development of superb education materials.
This is a remote, full-time role that will report to our Course Development Coordinator.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support to the Course Development Coordinator
- Assist with coordination with professors and manage a team of content creators developing college-level curriculum and assessments
- Create educational content aligned with the course learning objectives and curriculum developed by the Outlier team
- Proof course materials for punctuation (we use the Oxford comma!) and grammar, and edit these for accuracy and clarity
- Organize large numbers of asset and content files; maintain an orderly, and useful content storage system
- Participate in the process of uploading content into the site
- Manage the licensing of images and other assets for use in the course material
- Assist contractors with meeting deadlines in response to a dynamic timeline
- Master a range of proprietary digital systems, including a CMS and web backend
- Help us continually improve the student experience and quality of education we deliver
Who You Are
- Have 0-2 years of relevant working experience (University-level research/work a plus)
- Have an impeccable eye for detail, particularly with regard to grammatical and analytical accuracy
- Possess a good eye for aesthetics and design
- Are enthused to participate in ongoing iteration
- Enjoy creative problem-solving
- Have the ability to take ownership, but comfortable asking for help when stuck
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Are hard-working, with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Have excellent judgment of high-quality educational materials
- Have a distinct interest in creating educational content
- Are proficient in G-Suite
- Have experience with Photoshop and desire to further design skills
- Mastery of a range of online platforms and desire to gain in-depth experience using them
- Exquisite multi-tasking ability
- Are a kind and generous colleague
Benefits include stock options, health, vision, dental; engaging and supportive coworkers, and a competitive salary.
Please note: Outlier.org hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans, among others—we welcome and encourage all applicants. One of Outlier.org’s goals is for our team and culture to reflect the diverse student populations we serve. We remain committed to recognizing the best talent wherever it may be.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.