Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream, providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney, and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Design Director to lead our growing design team. The Product Design Director is responsible for refining the design system, improving flows, and working to develop delightful experiences on our platform. Acting as an advocate for the user, the Product Design Director works with the product design team, creative, and development teams to create resonant and intuitive experiences.
The Product Design Lead will be responsible for developing and continuously improving a user centered approach to web and software product development by working with multi-disciplinary teams including product managers, developers, testers, designers, user experience analysts, business subject matter experts, and other stakeholders. The jobholder will also be expected to source and manage other UX contributors as necessary.
Please include links to your portfolio of work when applying.
- Champion user centered, mobile first Product Design across all digital projects
- Conduct user research to understand customer needs and behaviors
- Combine direct research with site analytics and usage tools to gain and share insight
- Work with product managers to define and maintain product roadmaps
- Establish a deep design system into the product family
- Help to lead critique, design reviews, and planning
- Engage and manage other product designers as necessary to meet workload
- Monitor industry developments and ensure best practice in product design process and delivery
- Provide guidance and mentor design team
- Evangelize design within the company and design ecosystem.
- Work cross-functionally with all teams to identify opportunities, represent design, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Take concepts from ideation to execution
- Have a love for designing simple, beautiful platform experiences
- Familiar with web patterns and design frameworks
- 8+ years experience
- Master of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to design for a multitude of platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Portfolio of beautiful, detail oriented design showcasing interaction, visual design, research, typography, and idea generation
- Extensive experience with prototyping (Framer, Invision, Principle, Marvel, etc)
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams
- Passion for the customer experience
- Fast growing startup environment
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Open PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Quarterly Outdoorsy travel allowance
- Dog Friendly Office