Outdoorsy, the world’s leading recreational vehicle rental and outdoor experiences marketplace, is looking for a Vice President, Growth to lead our growth marketing function.
Founded in 2015, Outdoorsy is the fastest-growing outdoor travel marketplace with offices worldwide in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Our mission is to mobilize the 56+ million idle RVs around the world to ensure everyone has the access, choice, and opportunity to safely enjoy outdoor experiences and empower RV owners to realize life-changing financial benefits. With hundreds of thousands of rental days booked and a rapidly expanding global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles and experiences, we’re here so you can get the most out of your time outside.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Vice President Growth, you will oversee all worldwide user acquisition, engagement and retention, from messaging to product, leading growth initiatives across a variety of online and offline channels, as well as conversion, monetization, engagement, lifecycle management, and content.
This is a high visibility and high impact role: you will own the greater part of the revenue for the company, in charge of everything from strategy to goal setting, executing, and iterating. You will lead a team of talented growth marketers and work with cross-functional teams to achieve growth goals across the Outdoorsy marketplace.
In this role, you’ll use strategy, creative thinking, experimentation, and analysis to drive business outcomes measuring marketing programs by revenue, ROI and exceeding targets. This is a role that requires strong business acumen, curiosity about what drives customer needs/wants/desires, and an obsession with data to optimize performance across all parts of the funnel.
At Outdoorsy, we are obsessed with helping our customers experience the best of the outdoors. In addition to having a deep commitment to driving business results, the Vice President, Growth will share a passion for the outdoors and for making connections with people.
The Vice President, Growth will:
- Own the vision and execution of all global growth marketing initiatives for Outdoorsy’s business.
- Lead and coach a team of talented domain experts across SEO/organic, customer engagement marketing and paid channels. In addition to overseeing our strategy across multiple existing channels, help us light up new channels we haven’t yet considered.
- Dive into customer data and craft high-impact growth strategies across all parts of the user funnel, including acquisition, conversion rate optimization, engagement, and retention.
- Builds scale growth systems and programs that are automated and handed off to other business functions to make the systems and programs work better.
- Partner effectively with the Product/Growth, Engineering, Web Marketing, Finance and Data Science teams to identify, prioritize and execute on high-growth strategies.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs, including budget pacing, LTV, and CAC, to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition.
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Effectively communicate strategy, objectives, and performance results to the executive team and cross-functional partners.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- A passion for the outdoors. You thrive on being outside and connecting with people.
- A passion for marketing. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms, and changes as they roll out.
- A proven people leader. You thrive on growing and developing winning teams
- 12+ years experience in growth marketing and/or related fields within the internet marketplace industry
- Proven track record of delivering business outcomes by combining the full range of digital marketing levers with relevant data insights
- Strong data and technical proficiency, including experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and BI tools (e.g. Tableau). Familiarity with digital ad tech and testing technology: data management platform (DMP), Optimize, and more
- Considerable experience managing marketing teams, covering product marketing, acquisition, retention, media, mobile, advocacy, display, search, affiliates, e-mail, web development, site content management, e-commerce, multivariate testing, sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Significant hands-on experience with performance marketing and digital advertising, plus experience leveraging digital agency relationships to full effect
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across multiple departments and levels of seniority
- Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view
- Experience supporting sales-assisted/B2B businesses a plus
MORE ABOUT OUTDOORSY
Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services, we are a travelers dream.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, and entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
Find your dream job here at Outdoorsy.