Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream, providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
About the Role:
We are looking for Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Renter Activation to join the newly formed, and growing Lifecycle Marketing team. Working with the Head of Lifecycle Marketing and the broader Marketing team, the Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Activation will lead the research and strategic planning of customer (renter) development from driving demand to converting users making their first rental booking. You will represent the voice of the customer for this specific audience, and identify all the lifecycle stages, pain points, and needs that our first-time renters encounter along the way in making their first booking.
The ideal candidates will be autonomous self-starters with a ‘punch above your weight class’ attitude, with a desire to build and a knack for getting stuff done. The candidates must have significant CRM experience, managing/owning marketing channels (Email, Push and SMS a must), building user relationships, loyalty and brand affinity through data-driven marketing.
- Create, execute and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns that drives demand and leads to renters making their first booking.
- Craft and implement effective CRM strategies to increase engagement with new users across promotional, transactional, lifecycle and triggered campaigns.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on our customers to help us better understand our users and markets.
- Serve as a key partner to the broader business by representing the voice of the customer (the first-time renter) and CRM best practice expert.
- Manage creation and execution of Email, Push, SMS, Direct Mail marketing campaigns that deliver against business goals for assigned work flows.
- Establish, report on, and improve KPIs for all campaigns and programs.
- Monitor health of marketing database (deliverability, unsub rates etc.).
- Play-booking and documentation, keeping in mind that the learnings from today will pave the way for growth in the region and other markets around the world.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience using ESP and/or CRM platforms; Iterable a plus
- A self-starting attitude, ready to embrace opportunities to make an impact autonomously with good organization agility to work effectively across functions.
- A track-record of demonstrable business results through testing and deploying effective marketing campaigns across different channels.
- Experience in customer journey mapping, segmentation and persona building.
- Goal oriented with the ability to move quickly and easily between high level strategy and rolling up sleeves for execution
- Analytical mindset and comfortable with working directly with business intelligence and engineering teams. Those allergic to data need not apply.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Fast growing startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible, open PTO
- Medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Quarterly Outdoorsy travel allowance
- Dog friendly office