Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
Love data governance? Can you build data pipelines in your sleep? Would Nostradamus be jealous of your predictive modeling?
Then this is the job for you! Outdoorsy is growing, and we are seeking a key leader to help scale and manage data-driven decision making across the organization. We are looking for an experienced data guru who will work closely with business and technology leaders to define, create, and maintain data assets necessary to complete their goals. This role and the analytics team reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Drive and define an overarching data architecture vision and strategy to maximize the optimization of enterprise data.
- Build and communicate data models at the following levels: conceptual, logical, business area, and application
- Map data sources, document interfaces and data movement
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organisation
- Act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data processing best practices
- Drive analysis and research projects to improve product and marketing efficiency
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to members of the team
- Select and assist in the implementation of the appropriate tools, software, applications, vendors and service providers to support company goals
- Research and make recommendations on integration and analytics products, services and architectural patterns
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Undergraduate in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or related quantitative field
- At least 10 years experience in analytics or software development roles
- Solid understanding of various data structures like 3NF, Star Schema, Snowflake, Data Vaulting etc.
- Experience working in a data-centric development environment such as the production of a data warehouse or similar
- Proven modelling and design capability
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data modelling, mapping, integration and profiling tools
- Expert in open-source statistical analysis (R,Python,etc.)
- Experience with BI platforms (Tableau)
- Sound understanding of Big Data challenges
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Travel industry experience a plus
- Passion for adventure
- Fast growing startup environment
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Open PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Quarterly Outdoorsy travel allowance
- Dog Friendly Office