Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in to SUVs with roof tents, we are a dream providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travelers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
Outdoorsy is looking for a highly-intelligent, self-motivated and creative public relations professional to join the team responsible for telling proactive consumer campaigns and cross-Outdoorsy stories focused on seasonal outdoor and travel moments and zeitgeist media themes. This role will be responsible for executing and driving the entire year PR calendar with a huge focus on Spring and Summer travel seasons as well as big idea media campaigns in the U.S and Canada, with heavy global coordination.
The ideal candidate is able to work autonomously as well as across teams; have experience managing multiple teams and/or PR agencies; a proven track record executing proactive media campaigns; experience in media relations, as well as developing PR plans, executing events, tracking coverage and identifying timely opportunities. This individual should be creative, have an eye for details, and enjoy wrangling multiple people and projects. He/She will love the outdoors, travel, and anything road trip worthy and inspiring. He/she will actively keep-up with the latest influencer campaigns, know how to leverage social media tools, and continuously think of fun and strategic new ways to reach customers throughout the year. They'll display poise and sophistication in rapid-moving situations and become fast friends with a number of internal teams working on events at Outdoorsy as well as with consumer media.
- Develop and manage strategic public relations programs around travel moments, events, with the main focus on Spring and Summer
- Work across Outdoorsy PR, marketing and advertising to tell better together stories with the press
- Work with external vendors on assets and agencies to execute big ideas
- Develop and leverage relationships with national and regional consumer media to land stories
- Help manage external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
- Lead on executing large-scale media and influencer events
- Act as a spokesperson on behalf of Outdoorsy
- Media train senior-level executives and manage live and taped interviews
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges, both proactively and reactively
- Write and evolve messaging and talking points in a thoughtful and strategic way
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years of public relations experience
- 5+ years of PR experience in consumer
- Experience managing teams or third party agency partners
- Experience executing press tours, large-scale events, and long-term PR campaigns
- Network of media contacts and a deep understanding of the news media
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to bring together a large team with competing priorities and lead them toward a common goal
- Crisis communications and issues management chops
- The ability to self-motivate and work autonomously at times
- Experience working with social media campaigns and influencers
- Experience working with global teams or on international events
- Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action
- Standards so high most people would find them unreasonable
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Strong judgment and ability to make decisions in real-time
- Fast growing startup environment
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Open PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Quarterly Outdoorsy travel allowance
- Dog-Friendly Office