Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
The 3D mapping engineer will be responsible for developing algorithms to create a large scale, globally consistent 3D map from lidar point clouds and SLAM trajectories from multiple vehicles by fusing and aligning them. In addition, the 3D mapping engineer may tackle challenges such as automatically denoising and refining maps, removing dynamic objects, dealing with gaps in data, and removing bad data due to SLAM failures.
The ideal candidate will have had enough coding experience to build test and validation procedures for production software; write modular code that could be unit-tested before deployment; and develop tools to evaluate map quality. As a bonus, the candidate should be able to break down the problem into subproblems of constant complexity suitable for distributed processing in the cloud.
- Develop algorithms for large-scale lidar mapping such as loop-closure and non-rigid point cloud registration
- Develop algorithms for refining and denoising 3D maps and removing dynamic objects
- Develop evaluation tools for ensuring the quality of large scale 3D maps
Experience & Skills:
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong algorithmic aptitude
- Experience with large scale pose graph optimization, bundle adjustment, or other sparse nonlinear optimization problems
- Strong linear algebra skills
- Intuition for 3D transformations
- BONUS: Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker).
- Knowledge of C++14 features
- Knowledge of latest techniques in SLAM
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.