Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
Ouster is looking for a Frontend Engineer who is passionate about building beautiful products that users love. This role owns the development and successful deployment of our fleet safety dashboard product. This product is the first lidar-enabled aftermarket safety system that provides real-time feedback to drivers and their managers to identify hazardous behaviors and reconstruct safety incidents.
This person takes pride in developing reliable and robust products, working with our infrastructure and backend engineers to deploy them at scale. In this role, you will work closely with our UI/UX designers and product managers to turn design concepts into working products. Bridging the gap between design and technical implementation, you are expected to take an active role in defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You understand the balance between perfect and good enough, and can ship quickly to enable rapid customer feedback and drive the business forward.
- Develop new user-facing features for our fleet safety product.
- Collaborate with our Product, UI/UX Designers, Customer Service, and other Engineering teams to provide an experience that is both beautiful and productive.
- Drive front-end engineering best practices, including testing patterns, extensible architectures, and web performance techniques.
- Select and use modern technologies (e.g., TypeScript, React/Vue, WebGL, Service workers, etc.) to improve user experience and developer productivity.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated success building elegant web applications.
- Experience building modern front ends using React, Vue, Angular and similar libraries.
- Worked on a greenfield project, creating a web application from the ground up.
- Worked with designers and a product team, and understands the phases of the design process and associated design artifacts.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility and client-side performance.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- (Plus) Experience working with WebGL and/or mapping libraries
- (Plus) Google infrastructure experience (App Engine, Cloud Tasks, GCP)
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.