At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We’ve developed the most powerful and capable LIDAR sensor in the world, and we’re excited to get it in the hands of roboticists around the world. We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager- Channel to sell our sensors and gain adoption in a variety of sectors - automotive/AV, industrial automation, surveying/mapping, drones, universities and more.
- Manage Ouster’s regional distribution network, currently 5 regional distributors
- Formal monthly check ins to track sales vs goals
- Regular interim check-ins to facilitate progress
- Conduct ongoing training of distributor management and sales reps
- Expand distributor network 2-3x over next 12 months
- Identify high potential leads in priority markets
- Vet capabilities and competencies
- Structure and negotiate distribution agreement
- Manage onboarding and training
- Manage and allocate market development funds
- Coordinate with Ouster marketing team to provide collateral and messaging by market
- Coordinate with business development team to pull management into key account presentations
- Keep CRM updated with distributor progress
- Attend key events with channel partners
- Develop and expand other channel and ecosystem partners, like engineering integration companies.
- Readiness to also do direct sales to “stay sharp” and experience the sales process
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science or related field
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to be the customer. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Ability to conduct a technical sale and train technical sales representatives
- Global travel (20-40%) to visit channel partners
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Polished/Relatable: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along / resonate well with with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy constructive feedback (+’s and deltas), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable curiosity is.