At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We’ve developed the most powerful and capable LIDAR sensor in the world, and we’re excited to get it in the hands of roboticists around the world. We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager to sell our sensors and gain adoption in a variety of sectors - automotive/AV, industrial automation, surveying/mapping, drones, universities and more.
- Engage in the entire consultative sales & business development process: identify and qualify leads, respond to inbound leads, find introductions and/or cold email/call potential customers, send quotes, convert them to customers, and expand relationships with existing customers
- Help get reference design wins that create a deep future pipeline of sales
- Nurture existing customers and increase their sensor purchases quarter over quarter
- Pass out of scope leads to our global channel partners
- Keep our CRM updated and report as needed to the rest of the team
- Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing customers
- Manage existing customer relationships, including answering customer questions of technical or non-technical nature to ensure successful sensor deployments.
- Be capable of operating under a variety of sales engagement styles, from rapidly converting small customers, engaging to long lead time, high value enterprise customers in a consultative sales process for thousands of sensors in sales.
- Scope, engage, and close strategic ecosystem partnerships and other business development deals that accelerate business potential
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to be the customer. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Polished/Relatable: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along / resonate well with with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy constructive feedback (+’s and deltas), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable curiosity is.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-5 years of sales and/or business development experience