Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
- Creatively generate & qualify leads from a variety of sources and tee up conversations for the rest of the business development
- Research and build profiles on qualified leads - organizations and applicable projects across a variety of sectors - from robotics, to mapping, autonomous vehicles, entertainment, VR/VR, heavy industries, and many other sectors.
- Contribute to mapping the market with the sales operations and marketing team
- Process inbound sales requests accurately and efficiently - while making it fun for everyone involved
- Document successes and failures and develop a world-class BDR process for the organization
- You are the tip of the spear for new business for the company. Success will be measured on qualified leads introduced to the team and pipeline generated, in addition to other metrics on supporting the organization.
- 0-2 years experience as a business development representative or inside sales associate.
- Track record of exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Track record of supporting colleagues in meeting their business goals; comfortable with supporting colleagues being a core element of individual goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to “be the customer”. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently. Doesn’t wait for resources to be made available.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results. Ready to work for an early-stage startup and grind well-beyond a 9-5.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Effective & Multifaceted Communicator: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along with / resonate well with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts and engineers.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy and thrive on constructive feedback (positive performance, areas of improvement), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties in a credible way. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable technical curiosity is.