Ouster is a hardware startup shipping products daily! We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to design our next generation lidar sensors. You will collaborate with an exceptional engineering team to scale our production volumes and make affordable 3D sensing a reality. This is your opportunity to join a small engineering team and make a big impact.
The Ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience in product design and experience with design for manufacturability.
- CAD experience in Solidworks preferred; Creo, NX or other 3D modeling software acceptable
- Proficient at tolerance analysis, ANSI drawing standards
- Proven design acumen as demonstrated by personal portfolio
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional team to develop solutions to complex mechanical, electrical, optical and manufacturing problems.
- Proven ability to collaborate with electrical engineering team to ship a high volume consumer hardware product - grounding, thermals, negotiating space and structural integrity.
- Organized, pragmatic thinker with the ability to track and control technical documents.
- Experience with revision control hardware design using PDM and working knowledge of PLM systems
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and best practices is a bonus.
- Experience transferring products to manufacturing teams and supporting production ramp is a bonus.
- Experience with Python, C#, Matlab or similar programming languages is a bonus. Send us your github link!
- Independent and results-oriented, and able to set and meet schedules in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Qualifications: B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical or related field, relevant work experience.