Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
Ouster is looking for a Software Engineer to build the data systems that power robotics development. Our robotics engineers rely on access to recorded sensor data, annotated sensor data, real-time vehicle telemetry, mapping data, simulation results, and more. In this role, you will be developing the infrastructure to ingest, process, warehouse, and interpret the data we receive from our production and R&D vehicle fleets.
- Design and build data warehousing solutions for our vehicle fleets.
- Design and build data processing pipelines for sensor data ingestion.
- Collaborate with our algorithm developers to build data annotation and system evaluation pipelines.
- Collaborate with our robotics system engineers on batch data recording, transfer, and real time data.
- Work across robotics, cloud infrastructure, and product management to drive requirements and product roadmaps.
Experience & Skills:
- Professional experience working with real-time or batch processing data systems.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building scalable data pipelines.
- Experience with Spark, Airflow, Kafka and other data processing tooling, or their AWS/GCP equivalents.
- Experience at a startup, robotics, machine learning, or autonomous vehicle company.
- Experience configuring and managing web services through AWS, GCP, or similar.
- Experience working with on-premise server infrastructure and IoT devices.
- Experience working with Docker based development and deployment workflows and orchestration systems.
- Experience working in Python or C++ 11.
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.