Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
- Engage in the a consultative, relationship-driven business development process with the automotive OEMs and Tier 1s
- Coordinate responses to RFIs/RFQs/RFPs and win series production business
- Capture near-term sales opportunities in pilots / internal R&D in collaboration with technical sales team
- Serve as primary relationship holder with decision makers and influencers - work with project manager, customer success, and field application engineering teams to manage existing customer relationships, including answering customer questions of technical or non-technical nature to ensure successful sensor deployments.
- Cross-sell throughout existing customer relationships, leveraging successes on existing projects to find new ones within the same organization
- Focus on all OEMs in region, be accountable to aggressive sales goals to help rapidly grow the business
- Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing customers
- Identify new customer requirements and communicate to product management and requirements engineering teams
- Be highly responsive to customer needs and work cross-functionally internally to satisfy customer and grow relationship
- Maintain internal reporting/forecasting for business operations and finance teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-12 years of creative, consultative enterprise sales and/or business development experience
- Experience in the automotive sector (at an OEM or Tier 1 supplier) preferred